LAS ÚLTIMAS NOTICIAS SOBRE CIN2, GENERALES Y ESPECÍFICAS DE CADA GRUPO
- Sep 30, 2009 Observed for the first time the formation of a regular array of quantum dots on a surface
- Sep 30, 2009 The motion of nanotubes is ultra-sensitive to electrons passing through them
- Sep 25, 2009 Oral at AUSE IV 2009
- Sep 20, 2009 Conference on CECAM workshop
- Sep 20, 2009 Oral at ACSIN 10
- Sep 11, 2009 Oral at TNT 2009
Sep 30, 2009
Observed for the first time the formation of a regular array of quantum dots on a surface
A research team in which there was Jorge Lobo Checa, member of the 'Small molecules on surfaces in ambient and pristine conditions' at CIN2 (CSIC-ICN), have observed for the first time the formation of a regular array of electronic confinements (quantum dots) on a surface. Most outstanding, these confinements are not observed to act as independent systems, but rather they interact and form a non-local novel band structure. The consequence of such finding implies the possibility to control surface properties such as resistance. This discovery could have a significant impact on future applications in sensors and computing.
These work, made in the Swiss Nanoscience Institute, has been published in the last issue of Science.